We now offer comprehensive running assessments. If you are experiencing pain during or after going for a run or just want to be a more efficient runner than this is the test for you.
Our running assessment is divided into three portions:
- 1. the interview/assessment portion
- 2. a treadmill walk/run video analysis portion
- 3. development of a corrective exercise prescription of individualized running specific exercises designed to improve form and function with gains in running efficiency and performance.
The first portion of the session is a physical evaluation consisting of a detailed interview discussing current running related problems, past injuries, medical history, present running level, and training goals. A physical assessment follows, with specific attention to posture and alignment, biomechanical evaluation, muscular imbalances, and musculoskeletal mobility and extensibility.
The second portion of the running evaluation consists of video analysis of your walking and running at a variety of speeds. Running is a highly technical sport, your movement patterns and technique will be assessed with attention to running cadence, stride length, forward lean, vertical displacement, head/arm/trunk movements and overall running mechanics.
The third portion of the running evaluation consists of the development of an individualized corrective exercise program. The exercises will assist the individual with the improvement of running mechanics and form. There will be exercises to improve stability, alignment and the movements of running. Musculoskeletal mobility and stability and strengthening exercises will be prescribed to improve running form, function efficiency, and performance.
The goal of this assessment is to:
– Eliminate reoccurring running pain syndromes
– Ensure you’re doing everything you can to have a successful training
– Learn strengthening and flexibility exercises to remain injury free
– Learn exercises to stabilize ankles, knees, and hips
– Get ideas for injury prevention
– Receive advice and solutions for recurring injuries
– Receive running form analysis to improve your stride
Contact us to book your Running Assessment today!